A few years ago, a friend gifted me a George Foreman grill. It was one of the first that ever came out. You know the ones. It was one of the little ones that barely fit a hamburger or a chicken breast. But let me tell you that I loved that little grill. It was so handy and easy to use. Plus, it was healthy. I used to love cooking burgers and steaks because all the fat would run out and that meant less fat and calories for me!
But after years of moving around, it got lost, sold or it broke. I don't even remember. I had been meaning to buy another one but never ever got around to it. Then I got the opportunity from the Family Review Network to review the George Foreman Evolve Grill. I was so excited.
I was glad to see that this grill is huge and has removable grill plates. These grill plates give you so many more options and are easier to clean! Here are the new grill plates available:
* Cross-hatch grill plates (2) – Perfect for grilling chicken breasts, fresh fish and more.
* Mini-Burger plate – Serve up low-fat turkey sliders in minutes.
* Griddle plate – Cook up breakfast, lunch or dinner without adding extra oil or butter for healthier meals.
* Cupcake/muffin plate – Whipping up six muffins or cupcakes is a snap with this easy-to-use plate.
* Panini plates (2) – No need to butter bread when making panini in the George Foreman Evolve™ Grill.
* Deep-dish baking plate – From lasagna to veggie-packed casseroles, the deep-dish bake pan provides another versatile usage for the George Foreman Evolve™ Grill.
* Omelet plates (2) – Flipping omelets used to require lots of butter or oil to prevent sticking, however, with the George Tough™ nonstick coating, making omelets is simpler and healthier than ever.
* Waffle plate –The waffle plates makes preparing golden, delicious waffles on the grill easy and convenient.
Key Product Features:
* George Tough™ nonstick coating for oil-free cooking
* Patented slope for fat to drip away
* Drip tray that is dishwasher safe for collecting grease drippings
* 84 square-inch cooking surface
* Precise Digital Time and Temperature Control
* Removable dishwasher-safe plates
I love the fact that I can switch out the plates for whatever I am cooking. I used the cross hatch plates to grill up some rib eye steaks and let me tell you, they came out perfectly. There was no muss or fuss and the fat dripped right into the drip pan. One handy feature of this grill is that there is a lever in the back that allows you to tilt the grill to allow the drippings to flow right off. The George Foreman grill has a timer and temperature control so it makes it much easier to regulate cooking. I love this feature. That means I can place my food in the grill, set the timer and do something else while in the kitchen.
I received two other plates to review. The mini-burger/slider plate and the deep dish pan plate. I haven't tried the deep dish plate but I am planning to make brownies in it. The slider plate was easy to use. You just place it on the existing plates and fill the forms with meat. It comes with a handy dandy handle to remove the plate when finished. The sliders came out juicy and delish.
I am really enjoying this grill. I now have to go out and buy a few of the other plates, especially since winter is coming. I want the panini plate to make grilled cheese. And the griddle plate is another plate I want to try. I need one of these to make pancakes and eggs. If I get crazy, I might even get the waffle plates since it would be a breeze to make them in the George Foreman Grill!
The plates are dishwasher safe, which is so fantastic. And the non-stick coating assures that food won't get stuck on the plates, making clean up easy as well. And because they are removable, it is so much easier than the old Foreman grill I used to have. And even though I miss my little George Foreman grill, this new Evolve is quickly wiping away those memories away! This one is so much better.
I would highly recommend it. It is available on the George Foreman Healthy Cooking site for $129.99. Additional plates retail for $14.99- 27.99.