On September 14, Weight Watchers will hold the Lose-A-Palooza! You ask, what is Lose-A-Palooza. Well, Lose-A-Palooza is a one-day social media event created to encourage participation in the Lose For Good® campaign to benefit Share Our Strength and Action Against Hunger.
As part of the Lose For Good campaign, Weight Watchers will donate $1, up to a maximum of $60,000, to Share Our Strength and Action Against Hunger for each approved mention, acknowledgment or action related to “Lose For Good” made on September 14th through blogs, Twitter, Facebook and check-in via foursquare.
The Lose For Good and Lose-A-Palooza are two different things. Lose For Good is a 7-week campaign, Lose-A-Palooza, on the other hand, is a one-day event as part of the Lose For Good campaign. So on September 14, you can help by participating in the social media campaign. !
Here is what we can do to help!
* “Like” Weight Watchers, Share Our Strength or Action Against Hunger Facebook pages and comment or “Like” any of the Weight Watchers “Lose-A-Palooza” updates posted posting throughout the day, Sept. 14th
* Add a Lose-A-Palooza twibbon to your Twitter profile
* Follow @WeightWatchers, @sharestrength or @acfusa on Twitter
* Tweet or Retweet using the hashtag #LoseforGood
Here are some sample tweets you can use before and on the 14th:
* Save the date 9/14 Lose-A-Palooza-1 day only-Weight Watchers donates $1 for each #LoseForGood socmed mention http://bit.ly/LoseAPalooza
* Today Only! Lose-A-Palooza -Weight Watchers donates up to $1 for each #LoseForGood social media mention http://bit.ly/LoseAPalooza
* Check in to a Weight Watchers meeting room on Foursquare to help contribute to the cause
So join me and many others on September 14th as we make our voices heard through social media to help a great cause!! Hope to see you all there!!
Disclosure: By posting this information I am entered to win cool prizes from Weight Watchers and $50 gift cards from the One2One Network.