Oh do I have a treat for you my dear readers! It's time for another Gorton's coupon giveaway and I know you guys love it because I am always surprised how many entries I get for these. So read up on the info below and check out the delish recipe and enter to win!!
• Look for easy swaps. Add more fish and shrimp to your diet by preparing one of your family’s favorite recipes and swapping the protein for fish or shrimp. Seafood is great on salads, in pasta, tacos or in a stir-fry.
• Stock your freezer. Avoid high-calorie, high-fat food temptations by stocking your freezer with a variety of options. With frozen seafood, like Gorton’s flame grilled fish and shrimp, you can prepare a nutritious, delicious recipe in minutes.
• Make colorful, healthy toppings available. For a quick-and easy lunch or dinner, serve whole wheat tortillas or sandwich thins with prepared grilled tilapia or salmon. Then present a host of toppings, like avocado, tomato, cucumber, or spicy or dilled yogurt, so everyone can add their personal favorite.
Here’s a delicious, quick-fix recipe that uses flame-grilled salmon fillets bursting with flavor, plus offers 300 mg of DHA per serving:
Grilled Salmon with Garden Vegetables and Linguine
6 Gorton’s Grilled Salmon Fillets
1 lb. uncooked whole wheat linguine
1 cup fresh basil leaves
½ cup chicken broth
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 cup broccoli florets
1 small red onion, sliced
1 medium bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 cup zucchini, sliced
2 cups fresh spinach
½ cup grape tomatoes, halved
Cook salmon and pasta according to package directions. In blender, combine basil, chicken broth and 1 Tbsp. olive oil and blend until smooth. Set aside. Add 1 Tbsp. olive oil, broccoli, onion, bell pepper and zucchini to large skillet. Sauté over medium-high heat until tender crisp (about 2 minutes). Add spinach, basil sauce and cooked pasta to the sautéed vegetables and cook until spinach is wilted. Spoon pasta mixture into a serving bowl and toss with tomatoes and cooked, flaked salmon.
For more information, remember to visit the Gorton's site. While you are there, you can enter to win a fantastic vacation when you enter the Gorton's Seafood Lovers Sweepstakes!! When you enter and pick your favorite location. One April 12th the location with the most votes is the vacation given away. My favorite location was Italy!!
Visit the Gorton's site and tell me your favorite recipe.
* Fan Gorton's on Facebook (1 entry)
* Sign up for the Gorton's Newsletter (1 entry)
* Subscribe to my blog through email (1 entry)
* Follow me on Twitter @carogonza (1 entry)
* Like The Art of Random Willynillyness on Facebook page (1 entry)
* Tweet this giveaway. Leave the link to the tweet in your post. (1 entry/tweet per day)
* Follow my blog on GFC (1 entry)
* Subscribe to to my feed (1 entry)
* GRAB MY NEW BUTTON CODE!! Add my button to your site (1 entry)
* Add my site to your blogroll (1 entry)
* Follow me on Networked Blogs (1 entry - see right sidebar for widget)
* Blog about this giveaway leave the link (3 entries)
* Add this Giveaway to a Sweepstakes site, Mr. Linky, your giveaway list etc. Leave the link!! (2 entries per submission - unlimited!!)
Make sure to leave a separate comment for the entries you complete!
Deadline: Wednesday, March 16 at 11:59 pm EST. I will use random.org to pick the winners so everyone has a chance to win. **PLEASE leave an email if your blogger profile does not include it or you don't have a blog. I need a way to contact you.** Once a winner is drawn I will contact them and the winner will have 48 hours to reply back before I draw a new winner. Giveaway is open to US residents only who are 18 years of age or older.
Disclosure: I received compensation for posting this giveaway and the opinions in this post are solely mine and are based on my experience with the product.