Now that I know though, I am thrilled. There is nothing better than pound cake. It is the perfect food. Tasty, sweet and buttery. Of course, I had to celebrate National Pound Cake. Yes, it's a little early but, rest assured, that I will be celebrating with more pound cake on March 4th. And what better way to celebrate then creating a recipe for March 4 using some delicious Sara Lee Pound Cake.
I will be honest, I actually didn't create this recipe, my mom did. When we were little one of the big treats for us was pound cake. It was a huge treat for us to get one! We loved it. And I still love it.
I love pound cake a little warm with some butter slathered on it. I also love it with chocolate ice cream. Oh and I love it with strawberries and Cool Whip. But my favorite way to eat pound cake is my mom's way.
It is a very easy recipe. You will need a Sara Lee Pound Cake. They come frozen but they thaw in the microwave in about 10 seconds. You will also need Cool Whip and a can of crushed or diced pineapples.
Open the pineapple can and drain the liquid. You really want the pineapple as dry as possible. Mix it with the Cool Whip. Cut the Sara Lee Pound Cake into slices. Layer the pound cake with the pineapple mixture in between the layers. Top with walnuts or pecans.
This is so delicious. The cool whip and pineapple give it a fresh and light taste. The nuts will give it a much needed crunch and texture. This also tastes delicious if you used diced mango as well. If you want to go old school and traditional then use strawberries. The best thing about a recipe like this is you can change it up and it will always be delish because the Sara Lee pound cake is so good.
In honor of National Pound Cake Day, Sara Lee is giving away some coupons so you can celebrate as well. There will be four (4) winners and each winner will receive two (2) coupons each. YAY!! You guys know the drill. Enter and win, my friends!
Visit Sara Lee and tell me which recipe you want to try!
* Follow Sara Lee Desserts on Twitter (1 entry)
* Follow Sara Lee Desserts on Facebook (1 entry)
* Subscribe to my blog through email (1 entry)
* Follow me on Twitter @carogonza (1 entry)
* Like The Art of Random Willynillyness on Facebook page (1 entry)
* Tweet this giveaway. Leave the link to the tweet in your post. (1 entry/tweet per day)
* Follow my blog on GFC (1 entry)
* Subscribe to to my feed (1 entry)
* GRAB MY NEW BUTTON CODE!! Add my button to your site (1 entry)
* Add my site to your blogroll (1 entry)
* Follow me on Networked Blogs (1 entry - see right sidebar for widget)
* Blog about this giveaway leave the link (3 entries)
* Add this Giveaway to a Sweepstakes site, Mr. Linky, your giveaway list etc. Leave the link!! (2 entries per submission - unlimited!!)
Make sure to leave a separate comment for the entries you complete!
Deadline: Thursday, March 10 at 11:59 pm EST. I will use random.org to pick the winners so everyone has a chance to win. **PLEASE leave an email if your blogger profile does not include it or you don't have a blog. I need a way to contact you.** Once a winner is drawn I will contact them and the winner will have 48 hours to reply back before I draw a new winner. Giveaway is open to US residents only who are 18 years of age or older.
Disclosure: This review was made possible by Mom Spark Media. I received a sample product for review purposes. No other compensation was given and the opinions in this post are solely mine and are based on my experience with the product. Sponsors are responsible for shipping prizes unless otherwise stated. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of any prizes.