I am posting this to remind everyone about Box Tops for Education. Last year at Blogalicious, I was able to meet some of the folks who work for Box Tops for Education and it was great. As the Director of Development for my school, I am always looking for ways to bring in money. Although this program is not run by my office, I work with the coordinator to get the word out.
This year, our school almost increased the amount of box tops collected. I can't wait to see where this money will go. In the past, the school has bought supplies, books and even helped fix up the playground. YAY! It is extra money that gives our Director a little breathing space for those little items that might not be in the budget. Plus, it creates a sense of community in the school. Parents and the kids get in on the fun!
I find myself now checking the items I buy and cut out the box tops. This past weekend, I had to make name tags for a big event we had and realized the Avery boxes had boxtops, so I made sure my volunteers cut and saved them! So please read this important information and pass it on!
BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION
Did You Know…
· America’s schools have earned more than $400 million through Box Tops for Education since the program started in 1996, including more than $59 million last school year
· More than 100,000 K-8 schools are enrolled in the program
· There are more than 240 Box Tops for Education brands, including Cheerios, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Kleenex, Ziploc, Hefty, Juicy Juice, Avery, Land’O Lakes, Brita, Hanes and Boise
Ways to Earn
Your school can earn up to $60,000 every year, as much as $20,000 from each of these ways to earn:
1. Clip Box Tops coupons from hundreds of favorite products. Each Box Tops coupon is worth 10 cents for your school.
2. Shop online at the Box Tops Marketplace and your school earns eBox Tops on every qualifying purchase—at no additional cost to you.
3. Order books online through the Box Tops Reading Room from Barnes & Noble and earn eBox Tops for your school.
Learn about these and more ways to earn cash for your school by visiting the Box Tops for Education website.
About Box Tops for Education
Box Tops for Education offers parents and kids easy, everyday ways to earn cash for their school . The program began in 1996, as more and more schools struggled to make ends meet. Each year enrolled schools receive a program kit to help them build their own comprehensive fundraising campaign. Most schools designate a program coordinator to develop ways to encourage students, parents, school staff and community members to clip Box Tops from participating products and bring them to school.
After the collected Box Tops are sent in to General Mills, the school receives a check, equivalent to 10 cents for every Box Top redeemed. Schools can earn up to $60,000 per year, up to $20,000 respectively from the Clip, Marketplace, and Reading Room program components, to spend on anything they choose. Thousands of schools have used the cash from Box Tops for Education to purchase items such as computers and computer software, library books, art supplies and playground equipment. Support our kids’ schools today. Fan Box Tops for Education on Facebook. Follow Box Tops for Education on Twitter .