Suffice it to say, I rarely eat breakfast. I am not alone. Hubby rarely eats breakfast and most of my co-workers skip breakfast as well. I like breakfast. I want something in the morning but unless I can grab a piece a fruit or a protein shake, I am out of luck and have to wait until lunch to eat.
Oatmeal is one of my favorite things to eat in the morning. But even the quickie 2 minute oatmeal is a hassle to make. Plus, it always leaves me with a dirty pan that unless you clean right away get ooky and the oatmeal sticks like concrete.
But my breakfast time might just be saved with a new product I was able to review: Seneca Farms Oatmeal and Fruit cups.
Here’s the product information:
Just launched in April, it is the perfect choice for anyone who has trouble finding time for breakfast in the morning. In less time than it takes to make a cup of coffee, heat the six-ounce microwaveable cup – no milk or water necessary – in the microwave for 45 seconds. Seneca's Oatmeal & Fruit has no trans fats or cholesterol, and is a great source of Vitamin C.
Currently available in Apple Cinnamon and Vanilla Peach, Seneca Farms Oatmeal & Fruit can be found nationally at Walmart and at a wide variety of retail grocery stores. Seneca Farms plans to expand its flavors later this year with Oatmeal & Fruit Cranberry Apple, and Oatmeal – Maple & Brown Sugar.
I got up one morning and tried Seneca Farms Oatmeal and Fruit. I tried the Vanilla Peach. I wasn't sure what to expect but I took the little cup, placed it on the microwave and set it for 45 seconds. When it came out it was warm. I could see the chunks of peach in the oatmeal.
The oatmeal was very tasty. The peach chunks were a little tart and that contrasted well with the vanilla flavor. The Apple Cinnamon oatmeal was my favorite. It also had chinks of fruit. The apples were a little tart and, again, they went well with the cinnamon oatmeal. They were not overly sweet at all. And it was a great way to start the day.
The other day I took one to work because I had to leave really early. It was easy to make and I was able to have it at my desk. No mess, no fuss. I cannot wait for the new flavors to come out because this is a product I would definitely stock in my pantry especially during the winter. What better way to start a cold winter day then with a little bowl of hot oatmeal and fruit!!
Do you want to try Seneca Farms Oatmeal & Fruit? Then enter! One reader will win a 2-pack of each flavor of Seneca Farms Oatmeal & Fruit! Yummo. You know the drill, my friends.
Tell me, do you skip breakfast? Fess up!
* Follow Seneca Farms on Twitter (1 entry)
* Like Seneca Farms on Facebook (1 entry)
* What is your kid's or your favorite breakfast. (1 entry)
* Subscribe to my blog through email (1 entry)
* Follow me on Twitter @carogonza (1 entry)
* Like The Art of Random Willynillyness on Facebook page (1 entry)
* Tweet this giveaway. Include @SenecaFarms. Leave the link to the tweet in your post. (1 entry/tweet per day)
* Follow my blog (1 entry)
* Subscribe to to my feed (1 entry)
* Add my button to your site (1 entry)
* Add my site to your blogroll (2 entries)
* Follow me on Networked Blogs (1 entry - see right sidebar for widget)
* Blog about this giveaway leave the link (3 entries)
* Add this Giveaway to a Sweepstakes site, Mr. Linky, your giveaway list etc. Leave the link!! (2 entries per submission - unlimited!!)
Make sure to leave a separate comment for the entries you complete!
Deadline: Friday, July 29 at 11:59 pm EST. I will use random.org to pick the winners so everyone has a chance to win. **PLEASE leave an email if your blogger profile does not include it or you don't have a blog. I need a way to contact you.** Once a winner is drawn I will contact them and the winner will have 48 hours to reply back before I draw a new winner. Giveaway is open to US residents only who are 18 years of age or older.
Did you know that*…
* Nearly 60% of U.S. parents of children ages 3-17 admit that their child skips breakfast, with more than half of U.S. Moms wishing their child ate a more nutritious breakfast.
* 58% of U.S. Moms say they skip breakfast regularly. 46% of Moms who skip breakfast say they do so because they do not have enough time to prepare or eat it.
* 57% of single adults say the number one reason they skip breakfast is that they don’t have enough time to prepare it.
* While 71% of U.S. adults agree that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, 67% of those admit to skipping breakfast.
*Results of 2011 Children's Nutrition Survey, conducted by Harris Interactive for Seneca Farms