For many of us, our pets are like our children. Since I don't have kids, my cats have always been my kids. Recently, we lost our baby Shawn. I say baby but Shawn was 15 years old. Scout is 16 years old and still going strong. I intend to keep her healthy as long as possible because having to decide to put Shawn down was one of the hardest decisions I ever had to make.
So when I received the opportunity to review Hill's Science Diet Senior 11+ Age Defying cat food, I said yes because I want to make sure Scout has the best available nutrition to get her through these Senior years.
Here is a little info about Hill's Science Diet Senior 11+ Age Defying:
* Visibly fights the effects of aging in 30 days
* Smaller kibble designed to ease chewing and digestion
* Exclusive antioxidant bundle to defend the body and brain against the effects of aging
* L-Carnitine to increase lean muscle mass typically lost by older cats
* Omega 6 fatty acids to promote soft skin and radiant coat
* Controlled levels of phosphorus, magnesium, and sodium for optimal bladder health
I couldn't review the food myself so I had to rely on Scout. She isn't much of a talker but I figured the only way to actually give a paws up or down to the food is if she would eat it and enjoy it.
I wasn't sure if Scout would like the food. She is very finicky. We have fed the same dry food for years and have always tried to get her to eat something else. I put the Hill's Science Diet down and she sniffed around it and left. But a few minutes later, she came back and stuck her nose in the dish and then tasted it. She began eating. After eating quite a bit, she left and then came back and ate more.
The verdict was in: Scout has new food. Now Hill's Science Diet is definitely a little more expensive than other brands but if it keeps my Scout healthier and is better for her, then I will continue buying it. I cannot put a price on the health of my cat. And I like the fact that the food was created for Senior cats. I do believe that like people, animals need to change their eating habits as they get old.
You can find Hill's Science Diet Senior 11+ Age Defying at PetSmart, PETCO, and pet specialty food stores. I actually found the food at my vet's office!
Visit Hill's to take the Science Diet® CatAge quiz, created by Hill’s Pet Nutrition and RealAge®, to find how old your cat really feels. Participants will receive an exclusive coupon and tips to help cats feel younger. While you are on the site, remember to enter the current sweepstakes going on. You can win a revitalizing trip to the Canyon Ranch® Spa and cat gift pack. I entered!
And you can enter here at my blog to win a cool cat basket that contains:
•3.5lb bag of Hill’s Science Diet Cat Age Defying dry cat food
•A Beautiful Cat Collar
•Bristle Finishing Brush for Cats
•Fuzzy Balls Cat Toys
•Feather Cat Teaser
This is a great basket for any kitty!! Just read the rules and enter to win!
Take the Hill's Science Diet Cat Age Quiz and come back and tell me what the results were.
* Tell me the name of your cat(s). I am nosy that way. (1 entry)
* Follow Hill's Science Diet on Facebook (1 entry)
* Subscribe to my blog through email (1 entry)
* Follow me on Twitter @carogonza (1 entry)
* Like The Art of Random Willynillyness on Facebook page (1 entry)
* Tweet this giveaway. Leave the link to the tweet in your post. (1 entry/tweet per day)
* Follow my blog (1 entry)
* Subscribe to to my feed (1 entry)
* Add my button to your site (1 entry)
* Add my site to your blogroll (2 entries)
* Follow me on Networked Blogs (1 entry - see right sidebar for widget)
* Blog about this giveaway leave the link (3 entries)
* Add this Giveaway to a Sweepstakes site, Mr. Linky, your giveaway list etc. Leave the link!! (2 entries per submission - unlimited!!)
Make sure to leave a separate comment for the entries you complete!
Deadline: Friday, October 21 at 11:59 pm EST. I will use random.org to pick the winners so everyone has a chance to win. **PLEASE leave an email if your blogger profile does not include it or you don't have a blog. I need a way to contact you.** Once a winner is drawn I will contact them and the winner will have 48 hours to reply back before I draw a new winner. Giveaway is open to US residents only who are 18 years of age or older.