There are brands that are always part of my life because they have been around since I was a child. One of those brands is Pepperidge Farm. I cannot remember a time when I didn't eat Pepperidge Farm products.
Pepperidge Farm’s heritage is rich and very much alive today as the company. It continues Margaret’s mission to deliver the very best products. And those products ca be found in my house as well as many other American homes as well.
Here are some fun facts about Pepperidge Farm:
- On August 15, 1937, the first “official” loaf of Pepperidge Farm all natural, whole grain bread was sold in a store for 25 cents.
- By September 27, 1939, one million loaves of Pepperidge Farm bread had been sold.
- Pepperidge Farm® crackers were originally made and marketed in Switzerland as “Goldfish Tiny Crackers” before being brought to the U.S. by Margaret Rudkin in 1962.
- The first flavors introduced stateside were Lightly Salted (Original), Cheese, Barbecue, Pizza, and Smoky.
- Pepperidge Farm is committed to accelerating snacking and baking advancements in the future as evidenced by the 34,000-square-foot Innovation Center opening this fall at the company’s headquarters in Norwalk, CT
- Annually, the brand produces about 558 million Milano® cookies—enough to cross the United States more than 7 times—and bakes approximately 206 million loaves of bread
- Today, Pepperidge Farm employs more than 5,000 people and operates plants in nine towns
- Each year, Pepperidge Farm uses about 390 million pounds of flour
To celebrate the 75th anniversary, I received a few delicious Pepperidge Farm products to sample and review. I received a goody box filled with the following products:
* Jingos! crackers in the following varieties: Lime Sweet Chili, Parmesan Garlic and Fiesta Cheddar
* Vanilla Crème Milano Melts
* Milano Slices Salted Pretzels
* Goldfish crackers
Both varieties of the Milanos were delicious. The Vanilla Creme Milano Melts are a little crunchy outside and creamy inside. I never thought I would like the Milano Slices because I am not a huge fan of sweet and salty together but they were also delicious. Crunchy and tasty.
But my favorite goodies were the Jingos! Oh my gosh, I am now addicted to these. The Parmesan Garlic cookies are very tasty but the Fiesta Cheddar and Lime Sweet Chili flavors rock! I honestly think I could a box full of either and be one happy camper. The Fiesta cheddar are so yummy and chock full of cheese flavor. The Lime Sweet Chili are tangy with a little bit of spice. I had these alone and then with some pepper jack cheese. Delicious!!
The Jingos! are dangerous because I could eat these all day and not bat an eye. I am definitely taking some into work because my friend, B, will love these as much as we love the Goldfish.
Overall, I really enjoyed the new Pepperidge Farm products. I would recommend them to everyone who wants to have a tasty snack. I know I will be buying these in the near future! Mkae sure to follow Pepperidge Farm on Twitter and Facebook!
Disclosure: I received a sample product for review purposes. No other compensation was given and the opinions in this post are solely mine and are based on my experience with the product. This review was made possible by Mom Spark Media.