When it's summertime, I live at my grill. I love grilling chicken, steak, hot dogs, burgers and veggies. But when winter comes along, I can't be outside in the snow grilling so that's why I love my George Foreman grill. It allows me to grill any time of the year. It is also one of the handiest appliances I own. It is easy to use. Easy to clean and because of the design allows for healthier cooking. I cannot imagine not having a George Foreman grill!
So when I was recently invited to participate in a recipe contest using the George Foreman Next Grilleration grill, I, of course, said yes!
Here are some facts about the George Foreman Removable-Plate Grill that I used to create my recipe:
* Large surface area lets you cook up to 5 servings at once for quick and easy family meals in under 20 minThis grill includes an exclusive fat-removing design and George Tough nonstick coating that eliminates the need for oil or butter, prevents sticking and makes clean-up a breeze!
* 2 dishwasher-safe removable grill plates for easy clean up every time
* Exclusive fat removing design removes up to 42% of the fat from 1/4 lb. 80/20 Ground Chuck
* Floating hinge gives you the ability to adjust height to accommodate a wide range of foods
* 3-Year limited warranty
I have to say that now that I am on a mission to lose weight and get healthier, the George Foreman Grill is the perfect appliance to have in the house. I am not going to give up my favorite foods but I have been trying to learn how to cook tasty food without so much fat and calories.
For the recipe contest, I decided to use the one ingredient I grill best: Rib Eye Steak. So I decided to enter my recipe for my Grilled Steak and Gouda Cheese Sandwich. I love this sandwich because it can be served for dinner, lunch and if you cut it up into bite size pieces, it makes a great party appetizer. You can also change the the ingredients because the recipe is versatile.
Grilled Steak and Gouda Cheese Sandwich
Tablespoon of Butter
Tablespoon of port wine
Baguette, regular sandwich bread or rolls
* Take the onion and slice it into thin slices. Cook in butter and port wine until soft like jam.This will take about 30 minutes.
* Spice the steak with the salt, pepper or any spice mixture you usually use. Place on the George Foreman grill. Grill to the temperature you like. Once ready, let it rest and then thinly slice the steak.
* Once all the ingredients are ready you can start putting together the sandwich. Take the bread and butter on two sides. Spread the non buttered side with the onion jam. Layer with the Gouda cheese and steak.
* Make a sandwich and place on the George Foreman grill to brown.
* Once it is grilled, place on a plate add fresh arugula leaves in the sandwich and it is ready!
You can add tomatoes or other greens or nothing at all. I like adding arugula to give it a peppery taste. You can also use regular bread like I did or use any type of bread. You can also switch up the cheese. This recipe with Gorgonzola cheese would be fantastic.
That's it. It is so easy. It is also delicious. It is really a little fancier grilled sandwich. It is also perfect for any season. In summer and spring, I would serve this with a fresh salad. In fall and winter, I would love serving this soup! It is the perfect comfort food.
The George Foreman is perfect for grilling the steak and for making grilled sandwiches. Plus, it is the easiest thing to clean. I am not sure what I would do without a George Foreman grill in my house. It is great for making quick dinners and I love that it gets all the fat out.
Wish me luck on the recipe contest!!
Remember you can follow George Foreman on Facebook.
Disclosure: I received a grill for review purposes through the Family Review Network. I was not compensated in any other way and all opinions posted here are mine.