The holiday season is my favorite time of the year. I love cooking so during this time of year, I try and find new recipes to try.
One of my favorite side dishes for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner is squash. It can be butternut, acorn, yellow or any other kind of squash. Squash is such a great ingredient because you can do almost anything with it.
This year, I found a recipe on the Country Crock site for Baked Spice Squash that I tried for Thanksgiving dinner. It looked easy to make and it looked so tasty, I had to try it.
Here is the recipe:
Baked Spiced Squash
* 2 Tbsp. Country Crock Spread
* 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup or pancake syrup
* 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
* 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
* 1 medium butternut squash (I used one medium acorn squash)
* Preheat over to 400 degrees. Lightly grease baking sheet; set aside
* Combine all ingredients except squash in small bowl. Arrange squash cut side up o baking sheet; brush with 1/2 of the spread mixture.
* Bake 45 minutes or until squash is tender, brushing with remaining Spread mixture halfway through cooking.
Of course, since my style of cooking is Random Willynillyness, I didn't totally follow the recipe but that's how I roll. I actually used an acorn squash because I prefer that. I also put the Spread mixture in the squash. I added a pinch of salt and a pinch of brown sugar. The squash came out delicious. I would recommend this recipe to anyone who loves squash and wants a new and different side dish!.
I was actually able to scoop out the squash mixture out of the squash and make it easier to serve. It was sweet and savory. I also loved that the Country Crock spread was easy to use. It was also tasty. Plus, by using Country Crock, I saved calories and fat!
If you love squash, you need to try this recipe. And remember to pick up some Country Crock for any type of recipe. I used it with my rolls and with my mashed potatoes as well! There are so many delicious recipes that you can use Country Crock in. Yummo.
To help make your holidays better, Country Crock has provided me with a wonderful gift basket for one lucky reader. The gift pack includes:
* 1 coupon for a FREE tub of Country Crock
* Veggie preparation tips
* Four Country Crock holiday recipes (Holiday Broccoli Saute, Baked Spiced Squash, Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Cauliflower, Easy Creamed Corn)
* Vegetable Chop and Measure
* Calphalon® Contemporary Nonstick Bronze 12" Frypan
To win, just enter on the Rafflecopter widget below!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I received a sample product for review purposes. No other compensation was given and the opinions in this post are solely mine and are based on my experience with the product. Sponsors are responsible for shipping prizes unless otherwise stated. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of any prizes.