These are the type of contests I love. It involves food and, better yet, meat!
Now through March 19, Mountain States Rosen is holding a great giveaway on its Facebook page! One lucky winner will receive a 5-6 lb Cedar Springs Leg of Lamb, which feeds about 6-8 people. Let me tell you, that I am all over this contest! I already entered.
Here is a little info on Cedar Springs Lamb
* Our Cedar Springs American lamb from Mountain States Rosen is USDA “all natural” (no artificial ingredients and minimally processed) and has a delicate, velvety texture, rich in flavor and nutrients. Cedar Springs Lambs are born and raised responsibly on open U.S. pastures and are carefully tended to by MSR producer-growers, many of which are third-, fourth- and fifth-generation ranchers that provide extraordinary care-in production and animal well-being.
* American Lamb is not shipped from 10,000 miles abroad—it’s fresh, healthy and delicious. A 3-ounce serving contains over 25% of your daily requirement for protein, zinc, niacin and vitamin B12, with only 8 grams of fat (Source: Lamb, Its Place in the U.S. Diet, by J.A. Carson and G.G. Hilton)Lamb is a wonderful meat. It is delicious and healthy, of course in moderation! It is the perfect meal option of Easter and Passover.
The giveaway ends March 19, so run over and enter before it's too late! You do not want to miss out on the opportunity to win this delicious contest!
Here is a wonderful recipe lamb recipe that I will make if I am the winner. Even if I don't win, this is a recipe that will be made at some point this year! Yummo!
Roasted Leg of American Lamb Feta Vinaigrette
8 to 10 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Marinate time: 8 to 12 hours
Cooking time: 2-1/2 hours
- 1 Cedar Springs Lamb leg, boneless (6 to 7 pounds)
- 1 pint plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Mix yogurt, curry, garlic and salt; rub over lamb. Refrigerate; marinate overnight. Place lamb on roasting rack in a roasting pan. Roast at 375°F for approximately 2 hours and 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches desired doneness. Remove from oven; let rest for 15 minutes. Slice to desired thickness; top with Feta Vinaigrette. Serve with roasted fingerling potatoes and green beans.
- 1/2 cup juice from 2 lemons
- 2 ounces red wine vinegar
- 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
- 4 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound feta cheese, coarsely crumbled
In a bowl, mix together lemon juice, vinegar, parsley, oil, salt and pepper. Add the cheese.