I have to admit, I don't eat fish. I sometimes have salmon or tuna but I would rather have something else. My husband, though, loves seafood and he doesn't get it often at our household. Every so often, I get crazy and buy some to cook but that is infrequent.
I also sometimes go and pick up some Gorton's products and make him a quickie dinner when I know he is over chicken, meat or vegetarian dishes. It works out because he gets his fish fix and I get off making an quick and satisfying dinner.
Gorton’s Wicked Good Fish & Chips
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Fish & Chips is a classic New England favorite that’s wicked delicious! Give your coleslaw a kick and add ¼ teaspoon of chipotle powder!
1. Preheat oven to 425°F and spray half a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
2. Cut potato (skin on) lengthwise 4-6 times to make ~1/2"" slices, lay each slice flat and cut into ~3/16"" strips.
3. Place potato strips in a bowl, drizzle with oil, salt, pepper, paprika (optional) and turn to coat.
4. Place potato strips in one layer onto the sprayed side of baking sheet and add Gorton's Beer Batter Fillets to other side of sheet.
5. Bake 14 minutes, turn fillets and fries, bake an additional 12 minutes and let cool on tray for 5 minutes.
6. In the meantime, blend remaining ingredients in bowl (best if made 1 day in advance), refrigerate, mix well just before serving and enjoy!
4 Gorton's Beer Batter Fillet
1 medium russet potato, washed & dried
1 Tbsp olive or vegetable oil
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1 pinch black pepper
1/4 tsp paprika (optional)1 package (10 oz) coleslaw (in produce section)
1/4 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp sugar
Notes:How easy it that? Even I might eat this dish! It looks so delicious! I love being able to serve tasty meals in minutes!
Give your coleslaw a KICK and add 1/4 teaspoon of chipotle powder!
Also head over to the Gorton's site because besides some tasty recipes, you can print out coupons and check out all the products they sell.
I have a great prize pack for one lucky reader as well. The prize pack includes three $2 off coupons, some cute postcards, awesome recipe cards and a cool Gorton's key chain! YAY! For a chance to win, just enter on the Rafflecopter widget below!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Rules: One entry per person per day. Once a winner is drawn I will contact them and the winner will have 48 hours to reply back before I draw a new winner. Giveaway is open to US residents only who are 18 years of age or older.
Disclosure: I received a sample product for review purposes. No other compensation was given and the opinions in this post are solely mine and are based on my experience with the product. Sponsors are responsible for shipping prizes unless otherwise stated. I am not responsible if sponsors do not fulfill prize. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of any prizes.