Renowned Hispanic Dermatologist for AVEENO® has teamed up with renowned Hispanic Dermatologist, Dr. Francisco Flores to share essential tips for summer skin care. Dr. Flores is making sure that Latinas and everyone else has the information to keep every one's skin looking good this summer.
Here are some tips from Dr. Flores:
* Always Use a Moisturizer with Sunscreen – It is important to use daily sun protection. Not only will you be preventing the dreaded dark spots or hyperpigmentation, but also premature wrinkles, which are 90% sun induced.
* Keep Your Neck and Chest Protected at All Times – We tend to miss these areas when applying sunscreen during the summer, and since the skin is thin on those areas, it is more susceptible to sun damage. Following are some great ways to quickly renew your skin after a day in the sun:
* Revitalize Your Body – Chances are you are spending countless hours under the sun leaving you with very dry skin, even your feet from wearing flip flops! Pamper yourself by taking short, lukewarm showers while using a moisturizing cleanser that will help revive your skin. Rely on natural ingredients such as oat to help improve the health of your skin.
- Clean and exfoliate your neck and chest to get rid of makeup, dirt and excess oil
- Buff your neck and chest with facial scrub once a week, and
- Extend your daily application of sunscreen and face lotion down to these areas.
* Treat Your Uneven Skin Tone – Sun damage can cause uneven skin tone and dark spots. Use a moisturizer with soy and sunblock to help even out skin tone.
* Drink Lots of Water – Keeping ourselves hydrated during the summer is of vital importance, therefore, drink lots of water and very frequently.
These are fantastic tips. I found the second tip so helpful because I never ever put sunscreen on my neck or the bottom of my chin. And when I think of it, I always have my chin in the sun if I am relaxing by the pool. Luckily, I drink plenty of water and always use sunscreen.
I hope these tips are helpful. I know they made me think twice about my sun regiment. Now that we live by the beach, I am getting more sun than usual.
To help you out during the summer, I have a set of some great Aveeno products for one lucky reader. The winner will receive a variety of products similar to the ones I received. These are great. And if you read my blog regularly, you know I am a huge Aveeno fan! For a chance to win, just enter on the Rafflecopter widget below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Rules: One entry per person per day. Once a winner is drawn I will contact them and the winner will have 48 hours to reply back before I draw a new winner. Giveaway is open to US residents only who are 18 years of age or older.
Disclosure: I received a sample product for review purposes. No other compensation was given and the opinions in this post are solely mine and are based on my experience with the product. Sponsors are responsible for shipping prizes unless otherwise stated. I am not responsible if sponsors do not fulfill prize. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of any prizes.